- Street Gallery, Guide to 1000 Los Angeles Murals, by Robin J. Dunitz, Published by RJD Enterprises.1993
- Painting the Towns, Murals of California, by Robin J. Dunitz and James Prigoff, Published by RJD Enterprises.1997 -(contains pictures and text of Avenue Liquor Mural, Tortilla Flats Mural, “Education First…” Mural.)
- ARTLIFE Magazine, Limited edition, International Art Publication. Publisher, Joe Cardella, Ventura, CA. Contributor; 1996-2003
- Limited Edition Holiday Postcards; 1996-present, ongoing project, self-published.
- 8/06 Ventura ArtWalk/Open Studio. Exhibition of recently completed “section 2”-Tortilla Flats Mural Project; painted panels and photo/mosaic tiles. MB Hanrahan/ M. Mora. Ongoing Public Art Project for the City of Ventura. MBUniverse Studio @ Bell Arts Factory Ventura, CA
- 5/06 Ventura ArtWalk/Open Studio. Exhibition of recently completed “section 1”-Tortilla Flats Mural Project; painted panels and photo/mosaic tiles. MB Hanrahan/ M. Mora. Ongoing Public Art Project for the City of Ventura. MBUniverse Studio @ Bell Arts Factory Ventura, CA
- 5/06 “SeXpress YoUrSelf-art about AIDS and HIV. The ArtBarn, Ventura, CA
- 3/06 “Paper” Ventura Artists’ Gallery, Ventura, CA. Selected artists’ Show.
- 2/06 “Exotic/Erotic Invitational” group show. Alwun House, Phx, AZ
- 2/06 “Erotic Art Show” Ventura Artists’ Gallery, Ventura, CA. Group show, MB Hanrahan, juror
- 12/05 Holiday Studio Tour, Ventura, CA. Exhibitor, StoneWorks Studios
- 12/05 ArtLife/25 Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA. Group Exhibition of contributors to ArtLife limited edition magazine.
- 11/05 Ventura ArtWalk exhibitor, Stoneworks Studios, Ventura, CA
- 8/05 “Regarding Woman” juried group exhibit, Artists Union Gallery
- 8/05 “Holidaze in MBuniverse”-new photos from the series. The Upstairs Ghost Gallery, Ventura, CA. In conjunction with citywide “PhotoVentura” exhibitions
- 8/05 Ventura ArtWalk exhibitor, Stoneworks Studios, Ventura, CA
- 7/05 Group photo exhibit, w/ Robyn Malter and Shalaco Sching. MBUniverse Studio @ Bell Arts Factory
- 3/05 Ventura College Annual Faculty Exhibition, Ventura, CA
- 2/05 Erotic Art Show, Artists’ Union Gallery, in collaboration with the X-Art Gallery
- 12/04 “Endings and Beginnings”, juried group show. Mixed media paintings.
- 9/04 “Collaborative Installation”, juried group show. Two separate installations; Hanrahan/Chapin, Hanrahan/Taggart. Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 8/04 Ventura Co.Fair, Professional Arts Exhibition. 2nd place, Outdoor sculpture for ArtCar, “El Volvo de Muerto.” Juror: Kent Twitchell, Muralist.
- 7/04 “Goddess and the Sea” juried group show. Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 5/04 “Artists Fellowship Showcase”, Group show of City of Ventura Artist Fellowship Recipients. Featured: manuscript and photographs from the book “Holidaze in MBUniverse. Artists Union Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 2/04 Erotic Art Exhibit, juried group show. Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 2/04 Exotic/Erotic Show; juried group exhibit. Alwun House Gallery, Phoenix. AZ
- 3/04, 8/04 Ventura ArtWalk, Participant, at StoneWorks Studios Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 9/03 BurningMan, Black Rock City, NV “Temple of the Indifferent” installation, with sTeVe Knauff. 2 30’ murals, 42’ free-standing mural of seven 7’x5’ panels, 16’ audio arch. El Volvo de Muertos artcar.
- 6-8/03 “Powerful Beauty,” group exhibition. Ventura Museum of History and Art, Ventura, CA
- 6/03 Artist Fellowship recipient’s exhibition; featuring fiberglass relief sculptures Artists Union Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 4/03 “Portrait Show”, Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA. Photograph
- 2/03 “Love and War” Curator. Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, CA, , designed exhibition card
- 8/02 BurningMan, Black Rock City, NV “Temple of the Indifferent” installation, with sTeVe Knauff. 2 30’ murals, 42’ free-standing mural of seven 7’x5’ panels, 16’ audio arch
- 7/02 “Cast of Characters,” Rudy F. Acuna Gallery and Cultural Center, Oxnard, CA. Paintings
- 6/02 “Tribute to Art City”, Studio Channel Islands, CSU Channel Islands, Camarillo, CA
- 12/01 ArtCity, Final Exhibit. Group show. ArtCity II Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 1997-2004: Ventura ArtWalk-installations of photography, painting and sculpture at various venues, Downtown Ventura and Stoneworks Studios, Bell Arts Factory.
- 2/00 “Beaus and Eros”-annual Erotic Show, ArtCity II Gallery, Ventura, CA
- 11/05 AFI Fest 2005, LA CA Premier, “BurningMan: Beyond Black Rock The BurningMan Art of MB Hanrahan and sTeVe Knauff, profiled in the documentary.
- 2004 “Behind Black Rock”/Off the Deep End Productions, Austin, TX. Documentary on BurningMan Organization, featuring artists MB Hanrahan, sTeVe Knauff, David Best
(Screened at Sundance Film Festival, 2005)
- 6/04 Public Service Announcements, in partnership with Ventura Co. Public Health, Oxnard High School students and Adelphia cable TV.
- 6/00 Public Service Announcement – Video project with Colston Youth Center students (Grant)-Artist consultant/Producer
- 6/00-10/00 Video producer, “Alternative Education: San Luis Obispo Co.”
(Grant: SLO School District)
- 4/99 TUPE Grant, TCRT, for Rhigetti High School, Video “Commercials”, tobacco education, with high school students.
- 5/98 TCRT Tobacco Education Grant, with California State Chapter 6 Innovative Arts in the Classroom Grant. Public Service Announcements, conceived and created with youth at San Luis Obispo Community High School, and Juvenile Services Center, San Luis Obispo,(Juvenile Court School)
GRANT PROJECTS: 2006-2000
- 10/06 Mural project, Saticoy Elementary. Saticoy, CA. Funded by Ventura Arts Council.
- 5/06 2 murals on canvas, produced with Las Posas Elementary 5th grade students. Camarillo, CA
- 2/06 Mural painted Tobacco Education Touring Bus. Ventura Co. Public Health/Tobacco Tax Funded. Ventura, CA
- 12/05 Tobacco Education mural, painted with Santa Maria High School students. Santa Maria, CA. Funded by the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara
- 3/05 Santa Barbara Public Health. 3 murals produced with youth, Isla Vista Teen Center
- 10/04 Santa Barbara Cancer Center. 3 murals produced with youth, Carpinteria Middle School.
- 11/03 Recipient, City of Ventura Artists Fellowship Grant; to create manuscript “Holidaze in MBUniverse”, holiday card photo collection.
9/03 City of Ventura Public Art contract: Re-creation of “Tortilla Flats Mural”, with partner M. Mora
- 5/03 Ventura Harbor Artist Grant, for installation at harbor to coincide with the Ventura County Chamber Music Festival
- 10/03 Mural Grant, Simi Valley Unified School district, Apollo High School. 35’x12’, painted and designed with high school students.
- 10/02 Mural Grant, Santa Barbara Co. Cancer Center, for mural at Cuyama Valley Elementary and Goleta Middle School
- 8/2002 Artist Fellowship Grant, City of Ventura
- 12/01-6/02 California Arts Council Grant, Artist in the Classroom/ArtCar project with incarcerated youth
- 9/99-11/00 Recipient, Ventura Artists Fellowship Grant for creation of 200’ x2 ½’ Ceramic mural for WestPark Recreation Center, Ventura, CA. Designed and created with youth.
- 5/00 “Healthy Living” mural, designed/ painted with students. Hillside Middle School, Simi Valley, CA
- 5/27/00 Participant, with Goleta Valley Jr. High School students, Santa Barbara Imodinari (Chalk-Painting festival)-recreation of Tobacco Education mural, Goleta Valley Jr. High School, Goleta, CA
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE 2000-PRESENT
- 9/03-2006 City of Ventura Public Art contract: Recreation of the “Tortilla Flats Mural”, with Moses Mora. Project current, winter 2007 completion date.
- 6/06 46’x72” Mural, on canvas. Painted with mural painting students, Ventura College. Installed in the Ventura College Bookstore, Ventura CA
- 5/05 Mural, produced with mural painting students, Ventura College, Ventura, CA
- 2/05 designer, CHICAGO tour T-shirt
- 1/05 designer, Jimmy Buffett “A Salty Piece of Land” tour t-shirts
- 10/04 original murals, Dargan’s, Ventura, CA
- 8/04 original mural, Alternative Text Center, Ventura College, Ventura, CA
- 6/04 designer, CHICAGO (the band) Tour 2004 tee shirts
- 3/04 designer, Jimmy Buffett License to Chill Tour 2004 tee shirts, Hawaiian Shirts
- 10/03 original mural for the Hair Lounge, Ventura, CA
- 10/03 original mural for Anacapa Brewery, Ventura, CA
- 5/03 designer, CHICAGO (the band) 2003 tour t-shirts
- 4/03 Mural, Las Posas Elementary, designed and painted with college students. Camarillo, CA
- 3/03 Lead Artist, two 7’x7’ murals, designed and painted by participants. San Luis Obispo Youth Summit, San Luis Obispo, CA
- 3/03 designer, Jimmy Buffett, Tiki Time Tour 2003, Tee shirts
- 6/02 Mural with Mural Painting students: Ventura College Bookstore, Ventura, CA
- 6/02 exterior mural, Dr. Ruth Lerner, Westwood, LA
- 5/02 designer, Jimmy Buffett. Far Side of the World Tour 2002, Tee shirts
- 9/00-4/02 Murals, interior, Matiz Salon, Ventura, Ca
- 7/00 Mural; interior Lobby, Davis/Glick Productions, Universal City, CA
- 5/00 designer, Jimmy Buffett “Tues. Thurs. Fri. Tour” Tee Shirts
- 5/00 completed mural with students, “Creativi-Tree”, @ Ventura College, Ventura CA, with Mural Painting Students
- 8/95-5/2005 Art Instructor,Ventura Community College, Ventura, CA.
- Classes: Color and Design, Mural Painting, Exploring the Visual Arts.
- 1990-present Muralist–private and commercial clients: scenic, display and faux finishes.
- 10/30/05 “El Volvo de Muerte” exhibited @ Day of the Dead Festival. Ventura Co. Museum of History and Art.
- 9/2003 “El Volvo de Muertos”. City of Ventura Artist Fellowship Grant project.
- Participant, BurningMan 2003, Artcar, with Temple of the Indifferent Camp
- 12/01-6/02 “The Draggin’ Car”, “Sweet 16/Pan Muerte”, and “Tattoo’d Geo”. California Arts Council Grant project, with Juvenile Court Schools, Ventura, CA
- 10/00 Participant, ArtCar rally, Inglewood, CA
- 9/27-28/00 Participant, ArtCar Fest 2000, Bay Area, CA
- 8/00 Participant, ArtCar Camp, BurningMan 2000, Black Rock City, NV
- 8/27-28/00 Recreated the Ford Fiesta as” CosmicKar-ma”. Painted with community participation. California Beach Festival, Ventura CA
- 2/00 “Healthy Start Bus”-designed and painted with Fillmore youth. Grant-Ventura Co. Public Health.
- 6/00 Tobacco Education Bus-Designed and painted with youth, Moorpark Boys and Girls Club, (Grant-Tri-County Regional Team, Santa Barbara, CA
- 8/99 Created “Make Art not War” (ArtCar, former Ford Fiesta) Painted with youth and community, WestPark Community Center.
- 7/99 ArtCar “Metamorphosis” Included in the video,” Driving the Dream”, produced for National Geographic, 1999, by Harrod Blank.
- 4/97 Designer, Ventura Artists’ Union Art Car “Metamorphosis”-participant, Houston ArtCar Parade. Featured in the New York Times, 4/19/97.
- 10/97 Visiting Lecturer, with Michael Mora. “Tortilla Flats Mural and Reunion Project”.
- UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA.
- 10/97 Speaker, California Council for the Promotion of History, Annual conference
- 2005, 2006 Board of Directors, SanBuenaVentura Artists’ Union, Ventura, CA
- 2005, 2006 Gallery Committee, SanBuenaVentura Artists’ Union, Ventura, CA
- 4/05 Recipient, Mayor’s Award, City of Ventura. “Artist in the Community”
- 11/ 04 Presenter, with M. Mora, Ventura Architecture Weekend; Tortilla Flats Mural Project
- 2005 Board Member, Ventura Artists’ Union, and member of Gallery Committee
- 2002-2003 Board member, Ventura Artists Union, and member of Gallery Committee
1/03 “Women of Influence” panelist, Women’s Health Symposium, Ventura, CA
- 5/00-10/00 Mural for the Humane League, Ventura CA 85’x14’ Painted with College students.
- 8/00 Community member, Healthy Start Collaborative, Juvenile Court School, Ventura, CA
- 5/98 Won Lawsuit. Action taken against owner of Ave. Liquor, Ventura, CA, for painting over 1994 community mural “It’s Not Cool to Target Kids” Lawsuit based on 1990 Visual Artists’ Rights Act. Mural restored, 6/98
- 1997-5/2004 Treasurer, Buenaventura Artist’s Union, achieved non-profit status for Union.
- 5/96-7/97 President of the Buenaventura Artists’ Union, & Art Coalition member responsible for renovation